This Healthwise® tool helps patients assess their symptoms related to depression. The survey will help them determine whether further evaluation from a health care practitioner could be helpful.
This site provides data analysis and decision support for health care providers and their patients discussing preference sensitive decisions. Five tools are currently available –
- Cardiovascular Risk Tool – evaluates the risk of a cardiovascular event and illustrates risk reduction with statins and smoking cessation.
- Atrial Fibrillation Tool – evaluates the risk of stroke and illustrates risk reduction with anticoagulant medications. Also shows the bleeding risk with anticoagulants.
- Lung Cancer Screening Tool – evaluates the risks / benefits of chest CT scans.
- Breast Cancer Screening Tool–evaluates the benefits/harms of regular mammograms.
- Osteoporosis Tool–illustrates FRAX risk and change with biphosponates.
Tools and resources to help educate patients about low back pain, including options for reducing pain.
This Healthwise® tool helps patients decide if they need to have a PSA blood test to check for prostate cancer. The tool compares the risks and benefits of testing versus not testing.