HMO, State of Wisconsin and Local Government Members

Most Unity members do not need to get a Prior Authorization from their doctor (PCP) or nurse for in-network specialty care.*

If your PCP wants to send you to a doctor or nurse who is not in the Unity network, a Prior Authorization Form must be filed out. These Prior Authorizations are only approved if Unity’s network does not offer the service. (Learn more about Prior Authorizations.)

To learn about your benefits, login to MyChartMyChart link and check your –

  • Schedule of Benefits or Summary of Benefits and Coverage
  • Certificate of Coverage
  • State and Local government participants should refer to the It's Your Choice book


POS, Choice, Choice Plus, My Choice or PPO

POS and PPO plans offer members the choice to stay in-network or go out-of-network for services. 


Behavioral Health and AODA Services

For assistance coordinating your behavioral health services, including alcohol and drug treatment services, please contact UW Health – Behavioral Health Care Management at 608.233.3575 or toll free at 800.683.2300.

Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services for BadgerCare Plus (Medicaid) Members

Unity Health Insurance provides mental health and substance abuse (drug and alcohol) services to all members. Where you get these services depends on –

  • the location of your doctor
  • if you have dependent children living with you
Find out which clinic to call if you are a BadgerCare Plus member
Your Primary Care Physician (PCP) About you Clinic to call
Your PCP is located inside Dane County, but NOT in Cambridge or Mazomanie You HAVE dependent children living with you OR
You are younger than 19 years old
Journey Mental Health
Your PCP is located inside Dane County, but NOT in Cambridge or Mazomanie You DO NOT HAVE dependent children living with you
You are 19 years or older
UW Health – Behavioral Health Care Management

If your PCP is located outside of Dane County or in Cambridge or Mazomanie, call UW Health – Behavioral Health Care Management at 800.683.2300.


Hospital Services

For elective (non-emergency) services where you will be admitted to the hospital, the doctor who will admit you must contact Unity for approval and precertification. If the hospital is not in Unity’s network, please notify Unity Customer Service at 800.362.3310.

Please access your plan's prior authorization list to see if the service requires prior authorization.


Pharmacy Benefits

Learn about your Pharmacy Benefits.


Hearing Aid Benefits

Learn more about hearing aid benefits.





Get in touch with Unity Customer Service by sending a message.MyChart link


*Exception: State of Wisconsin and Local Government members must get a referral from their PCP to visit or be treated by a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon for low back pain.

Estimate Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
Determine costs you may incur prior to receiving health care services using the Determination of Benefits FormMyChart link. To complete the form, you will have to ask your provider for certain medical coding information including procedure codes, procedure modifiers and unit codes for the services.