Safety Tips for Buying Health Insurance Online In Wisconsin
When buying health insurance online you’ll see many plans that may meet your needs. It’s important to know that all of the plans offered online may not meet the Affordable Care Act standard of minimum essential coverage. If you buy a plan that does not meet these standards, you may have to pay a fee.
Below are a few tips that may help you find an ACA-compliant plan from a reputable health insurance company.
Tips for buying health insurance online in Wisconsin –
- Protect your personal information. As with all internet transactions, you should be careful when giving out personal information. To get health insurance quotes, you don’t need to provide information such as credit card numbers or social security numbers.
- Make sure that you are buying an ACA-compliant health insurance plan from a reputable health insurance company.
- Don’t be rushed when buying health insurance. Open enrollment offers up to two months to select a plan, so there’s no reason to hurry. Make sure you take the time to do enough research.
- Make sure you understand what coverage is provided by the plan you buy.
- Make use of "free-look" periods offered by health insurance providers. New health insurance policies will include a free-look period of 10 days. If you return your policy within that time, you should get your entire premium back.
- Keep a detailed record of all quoted rates and important information.
- Within 60 days after you buy your policy online, you should receive a copy of the new policy by mail, or an email with a link to the policy. Contact your insurance provider immediately if you don’t receive this information.
Buying health insurance online is a convenient option for Wisconsin residents looking to enroll in coverage. Remember to follow these shopping tips to help find the right policy.
Unity’s customer service staff is helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We post our Customer Relations results online, and we strive to provide prompt and accurate member services, keep our promises and exceed customer expectations in all we do.
Get a quote for health insurance right now, or contact our helpful customer service staff at 608.644.3430.