Healthy Kids Insurance Perks That May Surprise You
People generally buy health insurance for their kids to make sure they’re covered if they get sick. Did you know that your health insurance policy may offer benefits for healthy kids as well?
- Wellness benefits – Many insurance plans offer wellness perks for members and may have specific programs to help keep kids healthy. For example, Unity offers prizes for kids who exercise regularly through the Fitness FirstSM for Kids program. Older kids on their parent’s policy often have access to all of the wellness perks that may include reimbursement for health club membership, massages and more
- Reimbursement for health education classes – Your kids may be reimbursed for the cost of certain health education classes, such as CPR and First Aid
- Weight management – Kids who participate in weight loss programs to help keep them healthy may be reimbursed for the cost by your insurance company
- Discounts on products – You may be able to purchase childproofing products, sports safety products (such as bicycle helmets), glasses, nutrition counseling, sports equipment and other kid-focused products at a discount. For example, Unity members can receive significant discounts on a range of products and services through Healing Choices.
In addition, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires insurance companies in Wisconsin to cover certain screenings, immunizations and treatments for kids at no cost, even if you haven’t met your deductible. Routine preventive care can help keep your kids healthy and prevent major health issues later in life.
Some of the services include –
- Autism screening for children at 18 and 24 months
- Vision screening for all children
- Developmental screening for children up to age 17
- Height, weight and BMI measurements
- Important immunizations
See the full list of preventive services for children.
When shopping around for new health coverage, there are many healthy kids insurance perks are available. Learn more about the health and wellness rewards included in all Unity health plans. Have questions about the perks available to your healthy kids? Give our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives a call at 800.362.3310.