Three Tips for Finding Affordable Health Insurance Companies in Wisconsin
Many affordable health insurance companies are available in Wisconsin; you just have to know how to find them. Use these tips to find out if the health insurance company you’re considering is affordable.
- Look for insurance companies that offer ACA-compliant health plans.
Since you're required to have health coverage anyway, why not make sure to have a plan that covers important health services? The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires compliant health plans to cover these 10 essential health benefits (some at no cost to you) –
- Outpatient care – visits to the doctor not in the hospital
- Trips to the Emergency Room
- Treatment in the hospital as a patient
- Prenatal, delivery and post-natal care
- Mental health and substance abuse disorder services
- Prescription drugs
- Services to help you recover if you’ve been injured, have a disability or chronic health issue
- Lab tests
- Preventive services, many covered in full, such as –
- Well-woman visits to get recommended services for women under 65
- Screenings such as mammograms every one or two years for women over 40
- Family planning education and counseling for women
- Blood pressure screenings and diabetes screening for adults with high blood pressure
- Specific prenatal and postpartum follow-up and consultations
- Recommended immunizations
- Pediatric services including dental and vision screenings for children
Check for extra freebies, rewards and discounts.
Some health insurance companies offer financial rewards just for taking steps to be healthy. These may include free health classes and health management programs, gym membership rewards, discounts on massage therapy, eyeglasses and acupuncture, and more.
Look for great provider network options.
Getting care outside of your plan's network may get expensive. That's why it's so important you choose a plan with a great provider network. Make sure the doctors and facilities you plan to visit are included in the plan's network.
Follow these tips to help you identify affordable health insurance companies in Wisconsin. Still need more help choosing the right health coverage? If you would like to learn more about affordable or free health care services included in all Unity plans, call us at 800.362.3310.